Kihei, Hawaii Whitefish, Montana Bloomington, Minnesota Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria UTC/GMT Iraq Afghanistan Republic of Korea Ocean Grove, Victoria
Optimized for 1280x1024 resolution

Sunday, August 10, 2008

WORLD SAUNA CHAMPIONSHIP

WON BY FINLAND!

That the Finns won isn't surprising. The fact that there is a World Sauna Championship is. I used to have a hottub that I kept at 115°f, some 20 years ago when I could afford it. I found it too cool when it dropped below 110°f.

"I scream. You scream. We all scream, for ice cream." But just because you can make an ice cream flavor, doesn't mean you have to The Puking line forms on the right.

To "popcorn" or to not "popcorn". That is the question. The question that theater owners and goers must contend with in bloody ol' Britain. Gee, I am old enough to remember when popcorn came covered in real butter. Not that artificial yellowy chemical mix they use nowadays. I can also remember when margarine came as a white gooey substance that was turned yellow by blending in the contents of a capsule that was included in the box.

Ever heard of "beer goggles"? Me neither. But the police in Buffalo Grove IL are missing theirs. Sorry, Canadians. It has nothing to do with competitive beer vat diving. But the Czech Republic does offer a "beer spa" for a nice sudsy soak.

From about 20 miles south of me comes this story of "ghost-riding". You know, if you are going to break the law, videoing it and posting it on the web is really not the smartest move. Even cops can use a PC. Watch video:


Okay, it is a TV ad but it does capture the ideal goal of any Olympiad or other competition. Give it all you've got:


"I didn't play the music that loudly -- and it wasn't just Cher -- I used to play heavy metal as well," he said.
And to continue in that vein, I am not sure whether the Brits don't like noise or just like to make it.

Checkout the background. Pretty much sums things up IMO:


"Let's all be careful out there!"