Kihei, Hawaii Whitefish, Montana Bloomington, Minnesota Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria UTC/GMT Iraq Afghanistan Republic of Korea Ocean Grove, Victoria
Optimized for 1280x1024 resolution

Sunday, May 11, 2008

HEROES RETURNS

THIS FALL


With a 3-hour season premiere. I can hardly wait. The WGA strike really screwed up television this year. Of course they proved their worth by all the "reality" shows that were hastily rushed into production to fill the time slots. Is anyone else as tired of these insults to our intelligence as I am? Probably explains why I haven't watched any of the BIG-4 (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC) networks this year. I spend my time up the "dial" at the larger numbered cable channels for my entertainment.

***
You heard about the guy in Omaha who gave himself a tracheotomy, didn't you? Turns out this was the second time he has done that.

***
In the "SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T PAY TO GET OUT OF BED" Dept., this guy is a real winner.

***
Don't get me wrong. I love kids. Even the most brattiest of them but this woman, and her husband, is stretching (pun intended) the limits.

***
I thought everyone knew this. The nurturing and bonding a mother gives her child has life-long effects.

***
Ten years ago today, a French mint struck the very first €uro. I hear it has become very successful.

***
People are worried that when the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) goes "on-line" this fall that it will create black holes and suck the Earth out of existence. I am not, as I've said before. What will be interesting is whether the "String Theory" will be validated. One of the requirements would be evidence that there are more than the 4 dimensions that we are aware of. In fact, there could be as many as 11. At least thats what the mathematics of quantum mechanics seems to indicate. No, I don't even begin to pretend to understand those strange symbols that level of math uses. In fact I have to wait until somebody translates the research papers into decipherable English before I can, somewhat, grasp it. But that doesn't mean that it doesn't hold a certain fascination. Exploring what "IT" all means.

Over The Limit?
UNDER ARREST!
Please don't drink and drive


"Let's all be careful out there!"