Kihei, Hawaii Whitefish, Montana Bloomington, Minnesota Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria UTC/GMT Iraq Afghanistan Republic of Korea Ocean Grove, Victoria
Optimized for 1280x1024 resolution

Friday, May 09, 2008

AND THE BEAT GOES ON

SAME SHIT. DIFFERENT DAY

The summer driving season is almost here and crude oil has surged to $125 a barrel. I may have to review my guess as to when it will pass $200. I might have been too conservative.

The $500 and $1,000 guesstimates are still a work in progress but will probably occur before I turn 70.

***
Hearing about Barbara Walter's affair with Senator Edward Brooke back in the '70's was a shock. She was like, what, 300 years old at the time? The mental image of them doing "the nasty" could really ruin an appetite. Of course, revealing it now reminds me of the punch line:
"I just like to talk about it".


***
Foreclosure (called home repossessions) in the UK soared 16% in the 1st quarter of 2008. We aren't the only ones having problems.

***
Now Lebanon is blowing up again. Is this a cultural thing or genetic? The people of southwest Asia, better known as "The Middle-East", just seem to enjoy fighting. History seems to confirm this. Has there ever been a time, since the dawn of man, when that part of the world wasn't in conflict? Beirut, the capitol of Lebanon, is where HRH Reagan had his hat handed to him and was shown the door after the bombings of our Embassy and Marine Corps barrack.

***
Everytime I look at my various trackers, I am amazed that this blog has generated a reach over so much of our planet. Actually, "stunned" would be a better choice of word. The internet has done something that no prior means of communication has ever achieved. Instant communication with no limitation to time and/or distance. The knowledge of the globe at the touch of a mouse. The map above shows (in red) where my visitors have come from.


Over The Limit?
UNDER ARREST!
Please don't drink and drive


"Let's all be careful out there!"