Kihei, Hawaii Whitefish, Montana Bloomington, Minnesota Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria UTC/GMT Iraq Afghanistan Republic of Korea Ocean Grove, Victoria
Optimized for 1280x1024 resolution

Friday, March 24, 2006

NEW BANNER

Do you like it?

When I went to Alyssa's house for dinner on Sunday, it had been raining all day. Stopped just as I arrived. The sky was totally overcast. As sunset approached, I thought that I could see a little clearing of the sky right on the horizon. About every 30 seconds to one minute I snapped a shot. The fourth and fifth shots I took about 20 seconds apart.

Those with digital cameras know that you really can't see much on the 1.5-inch LCD.

Downloaded the pics when I got home and made the post that contains all 7 shots.

It wasn't until I woke on Monday that I really looked at them in my files. That fourth shot was spectacular! You can see how the fifth shot, 20 seconds later, had lost the light, the texture, the splendor.


Kept studying that shot all day. I had been wanting to put a banner here for awhile but never could find the right pic. Used Photoshop to play with it, and you can see the results above.

Also had to make some minor changes in the template's HTML and Javascript. Been playing with that stuff since 1998, so no big deal.

I am proud! :)
==============================================

Later.....

Wil
=8^))
"Let's all be careful out there!"

3 comments:

Dogbait said...

I've been thinking of doing a banner but need some creative juices. Maybe a pic of a dog hanging off my arse.

Joann said...

Looks great.

Bob said...

Yep cool pic good job well done

Post a Comment

I Love Hearing Your "Talk Story".

Bored? Wanna watch a movie? Then check out my other blog, HOME THEATER CENTER